Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Best Break Up Songs Playlist

I like music but never really the all-music genre enthusiast. In fact when it comes to new songs, it's my sister who first knows what's the latest. Before I can even find out the title of the song, she already downloaded it. In fact, she was the first one who discovered Lady Gaga, back when Gaga is still Nada.

Back in 2008 I purchased my very first iPod and I'm glad that I got the real iPod Classic that's 160GB. They don't sell them anymore and the new generation now is only up to 120GB. I'm glad that I have the first ones because I am just so into classics!

I've had it for two years now and I still was not able to fill it up, I think I have more than 50GB free left and that's after all the movies, songs, I have not erased a single one. I even have songs in there that I don't even listen to. I remember when I got my iPod, I paid someone in Glorietta to fill up the 20G space with songs and movies all for the price of Php500 only!

I still get a little stressed out when I have to reset my iPod. I still have to text a friend to teach me how, or Google the net because it's not everyday that I reset my iPod.
Reset Indicator
For instructions on how to reset your iPod, click Here.

Anyway, I discovered how music affects my mood when I started to live on my own and commute to work. I wear my iPod just to jump start my day (or night) while getting coffee. And when I had my heart broken, I decided I will prohibit myself to have an "alone moment with my thoughts" so I created my "Best Break Up Songs" Playlist. I had it on repeat mode until I was ready to go back to "Hip Hop" (Hip Hop talaga?Lol!)

Note: Some Artists revived the songs, but I like the new version better.

  1. Someday - Nina
  2. Little Wonders - Rob Thomas
  3. Rihanna - Take a bow
  4. I Love You Goodbye - Nina ( Original: Celine Dion)
  5. Eh Eh [Nothing Else I can say] - Lady Gaga
  6. Aint it Funny - JLo and Ja Rule
  7. The Heart of the Matter - India Arie
  8. Already Gone - Kelly Clarkson
  9. So What - Pink
  10. Gives you hell - All American Rejects
  11. Burn - Usher
  12. Shake it Off - Mariah Carey
  13. Don't Speak - No Doubt
  14. Happily Never After - Pussycat Dolls
  15. Better in Time - Leona Lewis
  16. Big Girls Don't Cry - Fergie
  17. Only Love - The Braxtons
  18. Can I go now - Jennifer Love Hewitt
  19. For the Record - Mariah Carey
  20. Irreplaceable - Beyonce
  21. Louboutins - Jennifer Lopez
  22. Bust Your Windows - Amber Riley
  23. Heartbreaker - Mariah Carey
  24. My Happy Ending - Avril Lavigne
  25. Say Goodbye - Chris Brown
  26. So Sick - Neyo
  27. Survivor - Destiny's Child
  28. Thanks for Nothin' - Mariah Carey
  29. Try Sleeping with a broken heart - Alicia Keys
  30. Bye Bye - Mariah Carey
  31. 4 in the Morning - Gwen Stefani
  32. Tattoo - Jordin Sparks
  33. Dear John - Taylor Swift * New addition, I started to love her when I found out that she writes her own songs. Have you heard of this song that she wrote about John Mayer? Oh Buuurrrrrnnnn!!!

So what are the qualifications to make it to this list?
First - it should be about losing someone you love
Second - it must talk about acknowledging the pain
Third - it must have acceptance/determination not to get back together. :D

Do you have a break up song playlist?

Now I am opening the Comments section of this blog so you can share your songs too! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing!

Kea said...

Oh.. your list of break up songs is awesome. Hehehe, I also have my own list both of classic and new songs. Listening to these kind of songs remings me of how brokenhearted I was before, but eventually moved on easily because I've reached my limit of crying already :)))