Friday, February 25, 2011

Terribly Missin' Chimayne Blackett & that 2009 Vday

We've been missing our "Ate" Chimayne Blackett since she joined in the World Cruise and got really busy working as the Ship's Assistant Manager, so when her itinerary included a stop over in the Philippines, we all had to file for "leave" to those who are working, skipped school, travel all the way from Laguna just to see her.


We thought we would only have ten minutes of her time since her job requires her to carefully watch people and passengers but it's a good thing that we were able to be with her almost the entire day... well up until before 5pm. :)






It was the first time that we're going to meet her boyfriend and it just so happen that almost all the "Aunties" are here! We were hangin' out at Gerry's grill after the meet and greet (while the oldies went somewhere else), between drinking beer, smoking and having a casual afternoon chitchat, Ate Chimayne suddenly asked: " So how did you all spend your Valentines Day? "

And as if on cue, Apy, Ate Chimy and I laughed.

Valentine's day 2009. How can I ever forget?

It was the first time that we were all single ( Me, Chimy, Apy, Stew and Johran). And we all went out, had dinner, got drunk and had a wickedly good time! We went to this place where... you have to surrender your camera and any other video recording device, or else you cannot enter the area or if they caught you recording stuff, you will be thrown out of the venue. oh shucks! Maaaaaaan, it's so hard to write like this. I wish I could really tell the whole story without getting into "trouble" but I can't! I guess I really am sticking to my description of how we all spent our 2009 Valentine's Day: We all had a wickedly good *with eyes widening* time!!!

I was just thinking, trying to reminisce about my past Valentine's day during the recent Feb 14. I never knew how the celebration of Feb 14 in UPLB can be so overwhelming. If it wasn't for the planned dinner with grad school friends, long before Feb 14 even came up, I wouldn't step outside the house. 

Evey where you go, roses are sold every where, frat men holding huge teddy bears, girls having that giggly smile across their faces that I feel like I am too old to get out ( sans bitterness!) It was my first time, after 10 years that I spent Vday in elbi that I didn't know that it was this serious! (Haha!) Not to mention, the opening night of the annual UP Feb Fair opened on the day of Valentine's day!

I've been ransacking my brains out trying to remember what was the best Valentine's day ever. I was trying to associate it with whom I was going out with at that time, was I in a relationship or not? Am I out on a date? Just broken up? I was so into associating the best Vday with a former flame when the Best-est Valentine's day that I ever had in my entire life, did not involve a boyfriend but it was with my cousins! *evil, wicked grin

That's it. I'm terribly missin' Chimayne Blackett, I am really hoping that after 10 months, she gets to stay for a vacay and make her entire vacation, "Daily-2009-Valentine's-day"!

What was your Best Valentine's Day? 

No comments: