I wrote before that I am crazy about planners. The first Belle de Jour planner that I had was in 2009. I enjoyed it for three years and moved on to other planners of another kind. Last year, I bought a new planner from the same manufacturer of Belle de Jour planners. I'm thinking of getting it again because the planner promotes positivity.
I've been getting newsletters from BDJ that I usually just read/browse through the email until one day I actually tried signing up for the BDJ Fair last October 13, 2013 at SM Mall of Asia. I was not exactly sure if I can go, so I blindly signed my sister up too for a slot to see if she can accompany me and she got in too! Which means, we really are meant to attend.
Actually, the reason that I want to go is I want to meet, see, and hear my favorite Cosmopolitan Magazine Editor-in-Chief, Myrza Sison, talk at the event. I'm so happy that I got a slot to listen to her presentation, but more on that on my next post.
This is what the fair looks like on the second floor of SM Mall of Asia.
A VIP pass can get you a free loot bag and some stuff.
I was actually planning to try the Tarot Card reading (although I find it pretty scary) but it has a long line. This is how it's set up:
They have different booths for products, make up, coffee, clothes, etc.To tell you honestly, I didn't really had the time to roam around the fair because:
1) We have a movie to catch in between.
2) I want to go to a book sale.
3) I'm looking for this hard to find French Jo Malone-ish perfume that is available only at Watsons.
And anyone, who's ever been to SM Mall of Asia knows how ridiculously huge the place is.
We got there at noon and went to the fair at 1:00 pm just in time for Myrza's talk. But I was a few minutes late, so the area was already closed by the time I got there. But I get to listen and take photos near the area. (Which turned out to be a blessing in disguise and will tell you about it on my next post).
More photos at the event. Here's the statement wall:
The photo booth wall:
One of my favorite part of joining this event is that I get to take home a loot bag!
I love loot bags! But I have to say that the loot bag that I got from Cosmo goes to work workshops back in 2005 has more fun freebies.
I love that the goodies came with a privilege card from ACE Water Spa for the entire year of 2014. But as you can see, most of them are flyers, stickers, magazine, and tester/travel size products (actually that's only from Celeteque).
And I love how the BDJ fair is a charity event.
I didn't think I would like to get another BDJ planner thinking that it was now too girly for me, but I came home with this because I got this with 20% discount! (And I also like this year's design)
I love that it immediately came with the Lifestyle card (so I don't need to sign up and beat the deadline to get it free).
Last time I remember, I enjoyed my previous BDJ lifestyle card by getting free toppings from White Hat Frozen Yogurt.
So long, bellas!
No comments:
Post a Comment