Monday, October 21, 2013

Review: Avon's Shine Attract Lippies

This is actually a late post. I learned months ago about the Avon lipstick that Fil-Aussie actress, Anne Curtis, is endorsing. I got curious about it because this is what it looks like:
(expectation)
I wondered about the coverage and if it's long lasting. Actually, I really am interested in what it looks like because there's transparent jelly surrounding the actual lip color.
More after the jump!

When I met someone who sells Avon cosmetics, she told me that it (the Shine Attract lipstick) was on sale. I decided to order and see it for myself. This, after a month of every day using, is what it looks like:

reality
After a certain time of using, the transparent jelly has deposits on the sides that is kind of irritating if you're a little obsessive compulsive like me.
I forgot the name of the lip color but I chose the one that is closest to plum, because that's what works with my morena skin.
I like that it's small and light weight that you can easily pop it in your bag and carry it around.

What I just don't like about it is when you apply it directly on your lips, the color stays in the middle, the colorless jelly tries to fill in the rest of the outer part of the lips. Pretty much like this illustration:

Now for the review:

Place - ordered through an Avon lady or a shop that carries Avon products.

Promise - one of the reasons I am not comfortable buying cosmetics online, besides the fact that I got an online shopping boo-boo,  I don't trust the color match in brochures (online or hard copies). I ordered the plum, it looks plum, but when applied on the lips, it turned coral red. And it was not long lasting. 

Price - I got it on sale, I think a little over Php 200 only, but regular price sells it for Php 399. The cheapskate in me tells me to go with Maybelline brand instead.

Purchase - good for trying but I don't think so. Worth a try though, and I ended up giving it to my mom (who did not use it).


No comments: