Thursday, March 20, 2014

The Grad School Diaries: Episode 25 - It's Official!

Today is my Father's birthday. He would've been 63 today.

Last year I had a small lunch treat with my friends and colleagues and also as my mini-celebration treat for my new colleagues. Also last year, we went to Tatay's grave and had car trouble which turned out that our Revo's battery needs to be changed. From then on, we never forget when the car battery was last changed.

Last weekend, I was told that it's no longer proper to celebrate one's birthday once they have passed on. I don't know if it's one of the ridiculous Filipino myths/sayings, but better be safe than sorry.

I usually get adult responsibilities bills in the mail, but this morning, something was personally delivered to me that made me smile.

And very timely since it was my Tatay's birthday and I know this would've made him proud.


























Dear Inay and Tatay,

This is for you! It's official! 

Love, 

Kitin 



3 comments:

Kea said...

Hi Kea! Congrats on your graduation! :)


P.S. Can't resist to ask, are all letters from your grad school in Comic Sans? :P

Kea said...

Hi Joann! You noticed too? The second part of the letter (attachment) is of a different, more formal font. I don't know why but since it's their official messenger who handed it over to me, I did not really asked why since I already have my official university transcript since last year anyway.

Kea said...

"Are all letters from your grad school in Comic Sans?"- just this one. My admission letter back in 2010 is, I think in Arial, or Times New Roman.