Regular Price:
Revlon Nearly Naked Liquid Foundation (True Biege): Php 525.00
Revlon Colorburst Lip gloss (Embellished shade): - Php 575.00
Yes, the free lip gloss costs more than my actual purchased product!
I have friends who tells me that they are quite hesitant when buying lip color/lipstick because they do not want a shade that's too dark or loud. I'm no pro when it comes to make up, I'm just an ordinary make up enthusiast and not even a make up junkie...yet. So to set expectations in this post, I am not a beauty/make up blogger so there'll be hardly any photos of me. But I am a quality cheapskate and always in search for the cheaper alternative but same quality. Let me share some of my cheap tips on these kind of make up:
I know it is tempting to try lipsticks in the make up counter, but for hygienic purposes I don't do it until I learned a trick from Cosmo years ago: If you want to try on a lipstick tester, ask the lady for a tissue (they have them, promise) wipe the surface of the stick/lip gloss wand, then apply on your lips. In my case, I bring my own wet tissue so I am more comfortable with the whole idea.
Same goes with trying lip gloss. Wipe the wand first before trying it on your lips. I got the Revlon Colorburst Lip gloss and this is what it looked like. But of course, photo is NOT MINE, but it looks exactly like that on the lips. (Source)
After a more than 5 hours, it also starts to lighten but it still looks like you still have lipstick on. It doesn't fade easily which I think is really good and worth the money. Plus it feels light on the lips and doesn't dry. When travelling you can just use this gloss instead of lipstick. If you want more color, apply the gloss on both sides of the wand. If you want a light color, just dab a few of it on parts of your lips and smack them together and you're good to go.
On buying foundation
First, decide if you're going to buy liquid or powder foundation. Also when trying on foundation, go bare faced at the make up counter. My foundation horror stories include my white face and caramel colored neck! I go to the make up counter and ask for their darkest shade and after application on my face, I let it stay on my skin for a good 30 minutes before making a decision. One time, I even went outside to the open air section of a mall to test it in a natural light. Don't be shy to do this because:
1. It's your money, it better be worth it.
2. It's the job of the beauty section lady to help you get your right shade and not just pressure you into buying.
3. They will not pay for your allergic reaction (should you have any).
4. Customer is always right.
Additional Tip:
If you really plan to buy make up (read: not an impulse purchase), do your research first. Twice, I tested out if the ladies at the make up counter knows their product. I asked what does BB in BB cream stands for and I tell you, 1 out of 4 got it right.
I found these useful guide how to check for the right color of foundation. Note that all photos are NOT MINE and each photo links back to its source.
To check for the right shade of foundation, do this on your jawline. The color that disappears is the right one for you.
If you can't find the exact one, keep looking or work with the closest shade.
As I told you earlier, this is my horror story:
To prevent that, I also found another way to check if the foundation matches your face. Do it on the chest:
And because I told you that I am always in search for the affordable version, here it is:
I purchased Revlon Liquid foundation because I've been looking for a new liquid foundation and a cheaper version of my LÓreal N7 shade that I really love. I'm glad I came across Revlon's nearly naked liquid foundation that is in the same shade as my old LÓreal foundation.
Although, of course, after a week of wearing it, I noticed that the Loreal provides more coverage though they are both very light on the skin. You will even forget that you're wearing foundation with these two. But I'm very satisfied with the Nearly Naked foundation, it's good alternative to Loreal.
I tested the Revlon foundation and it feels light on the skin like it adjusts on your skin to make sure it won't weigh down on your face. Also, when I used it on my face, I took the train, van, bus, and trike and walked a lot so my face was exposed to the sun, dirt and sweat. It didn't feel yucky, even if my friend told me that I have sweat building up on my forehead. It was the perfect day to test drive the foundation. I used it again (already bought it) on a different day when I was on duty at a bazaar and it feels the same.






No comments:
Post a Comment