In lieu of the annual UPLB Faculty Follies, UPLB held a Benefit Show ( December 5, 2013). Instead of the annual competition, proceeds of the show will benefit the Super Typhoon Yolanda victims and survivors. This year is also special because the 2013 Miss Universe 3rd runner up, Ariella Arida, will be gracing the event. (More on that later)
Check out the line outside the DL Umali hall before the open house at 4:30 pm:
Check out the line outside the DL Umali hall before the open house at 4:30 pm:
More on the show after the jump!
Check out the lines at the DL Umali lobby:
Full house with students seated on the stairs and aisle:
Photos of the invocation and performances:
The event was hosted by the College of Development Communication Faculty, Mark Lester Chico:
He was also joined by three ladies from the Combroad Soc:
During the program, UPLB Alumna, 2013 Miss Universe 3rd runner up, Ms. Ariella Arida, finally arrived having travelled all the way from Quezon City after "Ït's Showtime"TV show gig.
Since it was full house, some of the audience watched the show at the lobby via live streaming:
I was not able to stay during the entire show as I was assisting and coordinating with guests and friends from the media. We had to go ahead and prepare the set up for the lighting event of the UPLB Christmas display which will happen immediately after the benefit show.
Here are some of the photos that I managed to take during the show:
Check this out:
I'm glad I get to watch the performance of the college that I previously worked for. The College of Engineering and Agro-Industrial Technology (CEAT).
Students cheer and root for their respective colleges:
More performance followed. I think I was able to watch at least almost half the show:
I had to make a quick dash out of the theater as we were assisting media guests in setting up and preparation for the official lighting of the UPLB display, which I will post next!
Stay tuned for my next post about the UPLB lighting up the Christmas tree event! Ara Arida was there, of course, and more behind the scenes coverage and details just for you!
No comments:
Post a Comment