Friday, December 6, 2013

Ms.Universe 2013 3rd runner up Ariella Arida came to light up the town (UPLB)!

The Christmas decor and the popular UPLB belen awaits to be lit up by Miss Universe 3rd runner up and alumna, Ms. Ariella "Ära" Arida. 

By December 5, 2013 morning it looked like this: 



And after rushing from the 2013 UPLB Benefit show, we found the crowd in front of the Carabao park. Students, Faculty, and nearby residents awaits the coming of Ms. Ariella Arida.


Some students used the opportunity to promote an exhibit/cause/activity: 


The benefit show was live streamed and projected to the public at the park as the crowd builds up.


I mentioned in the previous post that I was helping out and assisting our friends from the media. Like GMA News reporter, Bam Alegre who's interviewing UPLB Vice Chancellor for Planning and Development, Dr. Fernando "Dindo" Sanchez, Jr. 


At long last, the hosts from the benefit show arrived and prepped up the audience with the lighting event!

Within 10 minutes the motorcade arrived with the special guest: The 2013 Miss Universe 3rd runner up, Ms. Ariella Arida!


And you know what happens next! Photo op galore!


Dr. Dindo Sanchez, Ms. Ariella Arida and UPLB Chancellor Rex Victor O. Cruz prepped up for the lighting of the UPLB Christmas tree, Belen, and Christmas town display.


And the UPLB Christmas tree was lit up!


And also the belen and Christmas town (which unfortunately was not able to take a photo of, as of this time): 


Here's Ara delivering her homecoming speech. She's very nice and was very touched by the homecoming prepared by UPLB.


(I would like to thank the nice lady guards "protecting" me while I was taking the above shots. I don't know actually how I got right in front of Ara when I was just taking photos, behind the scenes, for my personal pleasure) 

The crowd loves Ara! They waited so long to see her. Look at them eagerly taking photos!


A short program was prepared for Ara and to delight the crowd.


Everyone wants to catch a glimpse of our very own beauty queen! 


At some point, the program had to be cut short and Ara and the officers had to make a quick dash to our building for dinner. After dinner, Ara was scheduled to go live with GMA News Reporter, Bam Alegre, to be interviewed by Ms. Jessica Soho herself via satellite.


Bam presented flowers from UPLB to Ara. 


Here's the video: (Thank you to Paolo Aquino for providing me a copy of the video) 



Here's Bam Alegre with Ara and her parents.



The crowd was also nice to her parents, as I was escorting her parents back to the van, the crowd was congratulating the parents for Ara's win.

When we hurried back to the van, she was almost mobbed by adoring fans! (Yes, I am also in the van with Ara, hihi). I was so tired but I still had to blog cover the event. Also, did I telly you I made a blooper chit chat with Ara while inside the van?
Me: Ara, did you see the video of BED Manila during the Miss Universe Pageant?
Ara: Yeah! Were you there?
Me: No.
LOL!


Another story.

While we were trying to get to the interview location, there's this young girl who practically begged Ara for a photo for her sister. Since the security was fiercely tight, and because she is already getting mobbed, she was not able to grant the girl's request. I saw the girl wiped a tear from her face due to frustration.

As our van turned to the exit, Ara turned back her head and looked at the girl from afar saying "Kawawa naman sya..."

We returned back to the previous exit, hoping the girl is still there waiting so she can grant her photo op request for her sister. Unfortunately, she is nowhere to be found.

Instead this lucky class got to have a class photo op with Ariella Arida. They happen to be having a meeting at the back entrance of our building. Lucky kids!


Ara was saying in the van that if she didn't have a previous appointment the next day, she would have stayed in Alaminos, Laguna (her hometown) for the night.

Congratulations and welcome back Ara Arida!



No comments: