Sunday, September 15, 2013

Review: Revlon's Colorstay eye shadow quad palette

I've written before how I am fond of using eye shadow for the reason that blending colors relaxes me. I've had few moments of drag queen-ish eye shadow that I wore to work just to test how long wearing it is. I've blogged about BYS eye shadow palette that I love, but I kept thinking maybe I just got lucky with blending because the palette is shimmery.

Then I remembered I have this quad palette from Revlon. As you can see,(although photo is not clear as I have just grabbed this from my instagram account), only one shadow on the lower left is shimmery (but not as shimmery as the BYS palette).


I'm using the "Addictive" palette. The back portion shows you which shadow to apply first, and it's labeled 1 to 4, but the truth is, in quad palettes, you don't really have to use all four. Use the ones that complement the shades.

When I applied it the first time, I didn't notice that I was already piling up colors because it was so light and I didn't think the pigmentation is that good, but then I took a break from all the blending, that's when I saw it. It may not look like the color is showing up, but it does. What surprised me is it is also long wearing. It lasted more than 10 hours without retouch (considering I have oily face and walked a lot and got really sweaty on that day).

With that, I recommend this if you are going for the no make up look. Now, if only I can get another quad palette of a different family of earth colors...



2 comments:

Kea said...

thanks for the honest review! :) i haven't heard much great things about Revlon eyeshadows..

Kea said...

No problem. I will have another review soon on the Satin version of Revlon sole eyeshadow. Thanks for dropping by! :)