Monday, April 8, 2013

That pesto sauce that made my Monday morning

I am not a foodie and hardly knows what a good panini is, until couple of years ago, but when my former agent/colleague, Thadie, made pesto pandesal, I swooned and became it's most avid, if not number one fan.

I remember ordering at least 4 of those yummy pesto pandesal of hers for I can't get enough, until, by special request, I ordered her magic recipe pesto sauce as spread. I've been hooked ever since.

Few years ago, she's been telling me that she wanted to send me more of those yummy pesto sauce that I've been longing for, but I already moved out of the city. Though it was unfortunate that we had a reunion yesterday to pay our last respect to Mother Lee, she remembered how much I love her pesto pandesal and when she knew that I was coming to the reunion, she made and packed a special pesto pandesal sauce for me to take home! Super thoughtful and sweet! Thank you so much Thadie!!!

I cannot stop gushing!!!  I had them this morning and it brought back really good memories and its still exactly as yummy as I have remembered. It's so yummy that I almost refused to take off my pajamas and just call in sick for work (oops!)

I want them for Lunch and Dinner too! If you're also a pesto fan, I bet you will love this spread.



I toasted mini burger buns and spread the pesto sauce. I think I had 5 of them this morning and I saved some more for my selfish personal consumption.



Now, I see on facebook that she's been taking her cooking and her magic recipes to the next level. You can go ahead and check her facebook page Cheesy Spot.  I can't wait to hit Banchetto when I go back to the city.

Cheesy Spot at Banchetto, opens April 5, 11 am to 10pm.
All Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays of April.

No comments: