The last time I was here was back in 2004. I only returned to this place to visit bff Mina, who was then studying medicine in San Beda.
Now, almost nine years later, I came back to visit the place after I finished my official business of requesting for some records from my old Alma Mater and couldn't help feel nostalgic about the place I once called home.
The KFC at the start of the road is still standing and the street is properly labeled now.
The corner of the College of the Holy Spirit, where some of my friends studied, is now an RCBC Savings Bank.
McDo remains at the ground floor of the La Residencia dormitory/hotel-like dorm. It was back then the prestigious dormitory and a strict one at that time.
McDo served us well, besides food. This is our go to place when we couldn't think of anything else to eat, and also for eating out during the wee hours in the morning coming from secret dates.
This is the start of Concepcion Aguila street, going to San Beda Subdivision Streets. I remember walking at this street when rushing to classes and I can remember how hot it is wearing our uniforms.
The internet cafe used to be a small dine in/take out of slightly oriental food, called Paotsin. The yellow area used to be Hungry Pac, an eatery/student hang out.
Hungry Pac is the favorite smoking hang out of one of our friends.
This building on the first street used to be called "West town grill" which is a simple grill area/open restaurant for students who just wants to hang out and smoke. It doesn't look this sophisticated.
This is the first street of San Beda Subdivision. The building used to be made up of wood.
First street is very popular because it is usually composed of coed dormitories, house party areas, and so on. I remember my mom looking at a dorm in this street and observed the students who lived there. To make the story short, I never lived in the first street.
When I walked towards the 2nd street (where I lived from my Junior to Senior year) I noticed this blue building. This used to be an empty space and had been a parking area of students from the Mendiola Consortium ( CEU, San Beda, College of the Holy Spirit and La Consolacion).
As I have mentioned, the lot where the blue building stands used to be a parking lot. Now it has a nice nail salon place and other establishments.
This is the 2nd street where I spent my last two years of my college years. Upon entrance of the street, I can already remember some very specific spots where certain unforgettable memories happened. And since this is a public blog, I cannot disclose it. But I'm pretty sure my college friends aka roommates knows what I am talking about *naughty wink*
This is our old dorm, The Villa Corazon. I met such great friends in this dorm and we're still very much in contact even after we graduated. In fact, I was with my former roommates earlier today that I showed them this photo and it brought back a lot of memories.
I also went to the 3rd street where I spent my first two years.
The second building from the right used to be my first dorm. It was owned by a Chinese couple, the Ongs. I loved how clean and secure the place is but I really want leniency and freedom with curfew so I transferred to Villa Corazon.
But still, I'm still in touch with my friends that I've made in this dorm and we still get together when time permits. I had some pretty crazy experiences and horror roommate stories in this dorm but I loved my stay there.
I was actually walking towards the gate when I saw this teenage guy, about 13 or 14 years old. I figured out that he was "Shoti" the youngest son of our landlady.I remember him being this cute, hyper child who is about five years old. His nanny used to always run after him whenever he gets out of their residential gate. Now I see him topless wearing board shorts, and loading things in a 4x4 SUV. He's grown so much that he made me feel so old, pronto.
Without further ado, I turned back and hailed an empty cab to rush to my next appointment: Meeting my friends/former college roommates for a Birthday celebration and reunion.
No comments:
Post a Comment