Monday, November 19, 2012

Friends with Lucky Hand must have someone to hold them back


I came home one time carrying this toy,Tom, my car buddy.


At first, my Achi thought I was seeing secretly on the side because I do not just randomly bring a stuff toy home, then I said: I got that from Lyle!


Meet my friend Lyle:


I've been friends with this guy since high school and I've known him since our grade school days.

Now a little background on the toy stuff. I have never really met anyone who can actually win a prize in a claw machine in one of those Timezone/ Tom's World Video arcade. Then one day, out of some random whim of going to the nearest mall, we went to the video arcade to kill time. I played the zombie-killing gun machine while he was playing... A claw machine!

source

Now you see, I tried playing it before. I was feeling confident that I would actually capture the little piglet hanging out, practically wanting to be taken away, but I was wrong. Apparently, you've got to have some sort of strategy to get it (move+catch), and again, apparently, my friend Lyle got the moves so he came home with 6 toys to give to his niece and 1 duplicate toy, which is Tom.

He gave Tom to me after feeling sorry for me that the claw machine just robbed me blind with my lack of catching skills and space estimate. Hehe.

Then on an entirely different day, few days before our friends' wedding, we went again to the nearest mall and this time Lyle was on to something else.

The money tree game!

Look how how he roll:



We were 5 that day and we decided to chip in P20 each to buy the money game card.


And we won! We had chipped in 100 and it came back 160! Here's blurred Poch Post-instagramming Lyle: 

What do we do about the 60 we earned? We were convinced to bet it on higher stakes. A card that costs P50 each with more stuff to scratch. If we lose we still have the remaining 10 as profit. 




Okay the second time around, we weren't as lucky but at least we got our initial P20 back. It's actually pretty tempting to gamble. Especially if you win the first time with little effort, but personally, I'm not really a fan and I don't think I have a lucky gambling streak.


We were thinking if we're going to bet our P20's again, but one of our friends Jan, insisted that we stop gambling for a day after we took a betting risk. After we already won our 20s back and it's enough risk for a day. So we decided to just stop and go home, after all, we work and move as a team. :) 

I think it's nice to have friends with a lucky hand and a friend who holds you back to keep you in check and prevent you from future budget bankruptcy, don't you think? 





No comments: