The night after that photo was taken, I told my sister to cut my hair. And she did:
Now this is what it really looks like. Hair was cut with no shampoo or whatever.
And it was supposed to be a big deal, because I know my hair takes forever to grow. But in the past years, I've been embracing my flaws, wavy hair included, so I just told my sister to go for it. She cut it while my hair is dry and not shampooed at all. It's like cutting a ribbon, no need for water.
The following morning I did not know how to style it, so I used my old routine. I slightly toweled dried my hair, then put on the mousse that I am currently using now, then scrunched my hair up, like before.
This is what it looked like after the hair air-drying and the mousse have settled in:
If you're going to look closely, it appears that my curls went up when in reality, the digi-permed curls are the ones that were cut. It's shorter now because my sister ended up cutting almost half of my hair because the digi-permed ones were already brittle and damaged. I realized its the curl defining mousse that helped the curls on their way up.
I'm a little embarrassed to ask someone to take photos of my new hair, so I tried via mirror secretly.
Flop.
Anyway, that's just it. If you are recently digi-permed and freaked out the next day when your curls aren't as fabulous when you stepped out of the salon, don't fret. It's really all about the mousse.
The secret, really, is in the mousse.



1 comment:
how often do u apply the mousse? :)
Post a Comment