Grad school takes a lot of discipline. I have found a whole new respect for those who are working and are parents while trying to get the degree. It's no joke. It's confusing also because you have all the time, but you can't find the time. You have the freedom but then you're still chained.
Now I'm on my third year, and I have lost my mojo for a couple of months. It was a big deal because I couldn't write, I have the data but I couldn't write. It wasn't even mental block. I prayed really hard for a PUSH, for me to start and get my groove on.
But Papa Jesus knows better, he gave me a SHOVE.
It has always been on top of my prayers (after all the that truly mattered) and I really want it because I feel I owe a lot to this degree. It picked up me up when I was broken. Amazing, how you think you can't start and you have no idea how to start. If you pray for it, God will put you in circumstance to get you back on track.
And now I'm back on track.
With pressure.
And time is running fast.
You know that feeling when you think that you wanted your schedule to be just spread out and plan everything carefully? It's not really happening in real-graduate school life. Sometimes, I'd like to think I wasted time putting my writing on hold, because some thing always comes up (wedding planning for others, parties, holidays, personal matters, and I could really go on). But if I forced it, I don't think I would be able to write because my realizations weren't developed yet. It's like I'm pregnant with an idea and I really want to pop out but I can't because it hasn't reached a full 9 months. I don't know how I managed the time to write this little piece when my mind is cramming like crazy.
And I'll be very busy. I'll be cramming when I really hate to cram.
So now I've been SHOVED.
2 comments:
Natawa ako sa photo. Dapat mukha mo yan bakla! Haha! NastyMac-ish, shimbols-inspired..hahaha!
Ow Em! Baklita ka! Hindi ko naisip ang mga shiborbees!
Post a Comment