Tuesday, February 5, 2013

I fangirl-ed shamelessly for @ramonbautista

Two years ago, my bff texted me while lined up at Starbucks:
"Guess what? I'm here at Starbucks ABSCBN, and Ramon Bautista is standing in line behind me. If you were here, I would totally take your picture."
I cannot even begin to tell you about Ramon Bautista. He calls himself "internet action star" but he really is a TV and Radio Show host, commercial model and a UP Diliman faculty. I learned about him when I was just browsing the net and social media networking sites years ago then I got hooked and followed him on twitter, tumblr and instagram. For a really good laugh, I visit his formspring account which he eventually turned into a book.



So when I found out that he's coming to UPLB, I asked my boss if I can go to the symposium where he will be one of the speakers and she said yes! So Ate Joan, Eisen (my friends/colleagues) and I all wore our official media IDs and went to the symposium.

Commercial: The young lady host, is the first child of my high school teacher, Blesi Labastilla. I met her when she was just three of four years old and now she's all grown up!

I was anxious how can I meet Ramon Bautista. I know they're coming from the backstage and I'm thinking how can we go there after the symposium for the meet and greet, and yes, Photo Op!

First speaker came from the backstage. Here's Vin Dancel:


Then I heard a series of hush among the students at the back. I turned around to see Ramon Bautista, getting a seat in our row. Best part of it, if it wasn't for my bag on the next seat beside me, he would have sat right next to me! (Good thing he didn't because I am really, really SHY! But I was not able to hold it any longer, I shook his hand and introduced myself as his fan! haha!) 


I tried to project cool, like this:


But really, on the inside, I was really like this, captured by Ate Joan and tweeted by Eisen:


Look how close we are:



Theia, a devcom faculty was also at the event. Her students are the ones in charge of the event:

Ramon Bautista asked about my little recorder. He also noticed that I am taking down notes. I told him I work for the Office of Public Relations.


Another fangirl is here's Kali, my friend Joy's niece. She's one of the early birds of the event and had the chance to go on stage and have a photo op with the guests plus a signed printed copy of the photo.


She's also a Ramon Bautista fan:


I adore Bogart the explorer's fake Aussie accent. He was consistent all throughout.


Finally here's Ramon Bautista taking about a different kind of Development.


I cannot tell you how much I've laughed during his presentation.



Here's Theia, with her second photo with THE Ramon Bautista:


Two years later, I finally got my photo op (cropped and instagrammed):

Thanks Theia for taking this

When I went home to tell the story of my day. My sister said" " So Ramon Bautista can really elicit shrieks from college kids."

Then my aunt interrupted:

"What? Ramon Bautista can still elicit shrieks from college girls? Isn't he old?"

She was talking about a different Ramon Bautista.