New Job
Jan 2 is my first work day for the year 2013 and I don't want to ruin it by being late. For what seemed like a very long time, I was on time, on the dot, on the spot, as soon as the University Siren rang at 8 in the morning today. Never mind that most people are still on vacation, never mind that I am the second most punctual person in my new office that day. I have to admit I really am excited going to a new workplace.
| During our oath taking |
Perks of my new office:
- No more short distance commute.
- House is only 5 minutes away.
- Office is 3 minutes from the bank.
- I get to work and concentrate on my passion and interest: The internet and social media
New Space
One of the nice part of my new job? I get to have my own little space:
| I love the purple chair! Akin ka nga! |
Also, my thesis adviser is within proximity and so is the Devcom building right across the office building where I work. Meaning I can go to their library (chos), attend Devcom related paper presentations (another chos) and see my friends in graduate school ( NOT A CHOS!).
Also, almost 2 days of screen-capping like crazy for my MS thesis which I formally call data gathering, I was told by my adviser that my data is now enough and I can now start writing my MS thesis. I just need to wait for my writing mojo. (Problem is when. It seems to come around every last minute).
I blogged about the perfect planner for this year that I bought last year, but my sister got her Starbucks planner and had no OA use for it unlike me. So when I saw my work load and the things that I need to take note of, my personal planner isn't enough! So thanks so much Apy for giving me your spankin' white Starbucks planner. After years of not wanting to have a Starbucks planner, I got one!
New Additions
January 2 at 3pm, my friend Joy, the one who had the baby shower, was checked in at the hospital, scheduled to give birth. I am beyond excited because our friends and I have been waiting for her to pop out that little Joaquin. This little baby is the 100% barkada baby and what makes it special is the baby is the product of my two closest friends since high school. So for two days, we've been camping out at the hospital waiting for the baby to pop out, until at 1:30am of January 4, Baby Joaquin finally came out to play!
New Parents
2013 is already promising as our friends became parents to Baby Joaquin! I can't wait for the future get togethers of our friends with their kids. It's really fun to watch them as Dads and Moms. I can feel myself becoming a stage tita already!
I went over with my 2012 planner and was not able to accomplish anything, only the intangible things that I wrote in this blog, so this year, instead of making a New year's resolution, I'm going to make mine an everyday resolution.
So instead of me saying Happy New Year, let me greet you "Happy New Day!"
2 comments:
Congrats on the new job bakla! :D
Salamat bakla! See you soon!
Post a Comment