Saturday, January 12, 2013

The year of filtering: What I'm letting go this year



This year I have decided to give up these 5 things and I'm just going to make it short and sweet. This 2013, I'm giving up:

1. The need to control things.
I really hate it when I organize and schedule things and it doesn't go as planned. Most of the time it's my schedule for the day ruined by sudden errands from...people. From now on, I will selectively stress out on chosen things/people.

2. The need to get it right immediately.
I'm a little hard on my self when it comes to doing things that is expected of me. This year, I will do the best I can within my scope and areas of responsibilities and not fuss and worry about the things I have no control of.

3. The need to know everything.
I discovered the beauty of not knowing everything. Sure, it's nice to be in the loop, but I've learned to segregate things that I know about: Things that matter, Things I can live without and Things that I don't have personal business with so, no, I will not bother with the last one.

4. The need to be present all the time.
I am going on a hiatus for myself. I'm one of those people who needs a time out from time to time to be alone and enjoy our personal space. I'm one of those people who can entertain our own selves. Others see it as being a loner, I call it liking my own company.

5. The need to speak up, explain and have an opinion.
Last 2011, I learned not to argue with/explain to an idiot for she/he will drag me down and beat me with experience. Learning not to argue saved me from a lot of unnecessary stress. This year I am all about listening. I learn and understand more when I listen.

So there ya go folks, how about you? Anything in mind you want to let go this 2013?





No comments: