Monday, September 17, 2012

Hair Confessions: A year of Curls

It has been a year since I decided to screw hair rebonding and go for digital perm. And it's been a year since I've been experimenting hair products and a year of receiving emails and comments asking for recommendations.

I will always say that getting my hair digitally permed is one of the best decisions I've made about my really moody hair. It saved me a lot of stress and preparation time. I've always wanted a wash and wear hair style but a boy's cut never suited my face shape and I learned it the hard way back in high school! (Oh the que horror!)

Finally I decided to curl it up and do it wash and wear style!  This is how much my hair have grown.

Pardon the 2012 photo, my hair was not prepared to be photographed so it was not arrange for blogging 


My hair confessions:
  • Since I got my hair permed, I never left the house without curling mousse/gel/serum on my hair. 
  • I've tried at least 3 different hair colors before I finally settled to this color.
  • I have retouched my hair color twice because ever since my sister has trimmed my supposedly side swept bangs, and had been coloring my hair using the DIYs you see at the market, my hair seemed to grow a lot faster.
  • I condition everyday and shampoo every other day and never got a hot oil treatment at the salon. I guess you be the judge.
  • Oh another thing, I've never had it trimmed. Except for my bangs.

This is how it looks like so far:


I'm still thinking if I'm going to re-curl it again, but my sister told me that I don't need it yet. I really love the way it's low maintenance and how I can just tie it up in a bun on a not so good hair day. I can wear it both Summer and Christmas season! My sister says it looks better this way than the first few days of getting it permed because it looks so curl-up and up-tight but this hair looks carefree.

I think I need to trim down the edges. It looks like I'm full of hair but I've pretty much lost some amount of hair like I can donate it to make a wig.

(Check out my previous hair product reviews here)



2 comments:

dhangerz said...

where did you have your hair curled?

keamistry said...

Tony and Jackey Salon. Check out http://keamistry.blogspot.com/2011/10/digital-perm-solution-to-join-waves.html