Friday, September 14, 2012

The Grad School Diaries: Episode 12 - The much awaited Food Festival

The Development Communication 215 class  for Communication and Culture regularly holds an annual food festival where they invite guests to feast on food from different countries. We were told that it's the much awaited Devcom event because of free food, haha.  Last first semester 2010, our class in Devcom 215 Communication and Culture was not able to hold the much-awaited "food festival" because we did not foreigner classmates to share cultures with. We had a paper presentation with lots of food instead.

I have no more lecture classes this semester so it means I won't be attending any classroom sessions this semester. But my friend Aya took the class Devcom 215 and to show our support, we attended the food festival as her guests.

 The buffet set up:
 I like how some of their classmates were dressed up in their national costumers according to their countries.

Here's Minji (korean) and her co-host (sorry I forgot his name) dressed in their traditional costume. They even presented a short skit and gave us the information about Korean food complete with demo. I feel like I'm one of the front row audiences of a cooking show.


And here's my friend Aya, serving food while dressed as Ms. Philippines-on-the-go:

 My former classmates in Devcom 215 and friends, Yeye and Theia:


Usually food fests are held every Saturday but this year they had it on a Thursday. Too bad I was not able to join the FGD (Focus Group Discussion) because I had to leave during the presentation because of work. I was only gone for 2 hours and worked piled up faster than you can say Kimchi.

Thank you Aya for the invite and congratualtions 215 class of 2012 for the successful food festival! :)






2 comments:

Aya_montesur said...

Nakakaloka ka bakla! Hahaha

-Ms. Philippines-on-the-go

Marian fan said...

Syang wasn't able to attend. What a treat would it be. :)