My mom was not in the mood celebrating her birthday this
year. I keep asking her for her plans but she gives me vague answers. Weeks
before, my sister and I cooked up a plan to celebrate her birthday.
So the night before:
When the birthday girl woke up:
My sisters (complete with left-over sparkles from New Years):
![]() |
| My mom had surprise visitors from her breakfast club (dabarkads) at 530 in the morning! |
Thank you to my mom's friends, her consistent breakfast club, I don't mind waking up to the sound of boisterous laughter coming from the living room/dining area or coming from our cabana in our garden. I don't mind having to drive and take all of you home at night after an event you all attended. Thank you for being there for my inay when she needed friends the most.
And to you inay,
I don't mind if it takes me 50 times to explain to you how to upload pictures, or how to fix your email drafts, I don't mind if you take so long at the computer, or spend hours on the phone talking to your sisters, I don't mind if you drag me to your friend's parties that I fall asleep in the couch waiting because someone's got to drive you home. I have learned not to mind your being a backseat driver when you don't even know how to drive. I don't mind carrying big boxes of grocery, carrying refilled water jugs, I have learned not to mind being on call when you needed me to do something for you even if it wrecks my schedule that normally pisses me off.
I have learned to overlook things that you do that normally winds me up, because what matters most is that I still have you and you're my only parent left. Thank you for being strong for the family (and the whole clan) and for being the one that holds everything and everyone together.
When I was young, I never really have given much thought and
appreciation with my mom’s PR skills. 20 years later, I have learned that her
people’s skills are not just not for business sake but she’s actually made
friends with these people. I have been a direct recipient of pay-it-forward
because of my mom that one time, a former professor of mine who was the former
boss of my late dad told me that my mom helped so many people that’s why so
many people were there for us when we were going through a very difficult time
in our lives.
It was such a humbling experience and I did not know the
gravity of my mom’s character that if I can be just half the mother and person that she is, then I would really be grateful and proud of myself.
Thank you Dear Lord for giving my Inay another year. I pray for my mom's strength, health and happiness and that may she live a longer life because we love her so much. I am very grateful and I am very thankful of everyday that we get to see and be with her.





No comments:
Post a Comment