Friday, March 2, 2012

The Grad School Diaries: Episode 2 - Salute to the working Graduate Students


I found a whole new respect for working students... even more to those working students who are in graduate school.

Source
I really don't know how my classmates did it. It was so hard to really get the mood to write an academic paper.

I've been working on my thesis and I still have not found my AHA moment after changing the theoretical frameworks for three times already.

I don't know if I'm really going anywhere, all  I know is I'm just going, going, trying and trying until I finally get there.

I think I have met the best trying version of my self.

I've been juggling work and thesis and not minding the personal stuff that's bugging me because I honestly think that I have a full plate. I think if I don't have a job (I'm paid to do what I actually like...emphasis on "like") I'd be depressed by now because I'll be just staring off in space trying to get that AHA moment.

I've been itching to go to the city to recharge but I'm temporarily constrained and couldn't go so I had to schedule it for another month. I've been looking for my space and I couldn't find it.

Even I couldn't schedule a proper gabfest with friends who live 5 minutes from me. I'm just thankful that I still manage to squeeze some time getting a pedicure (which usually is scheduled past 7pm and after working hours) and some ice cream time and catch-up-over-streetfood-na-very-UP-lang-ang-peg.


I don't know how my classmates (and my former agents who were working students. Students by day, Call center agents by night) do it.

And I don't know how I was able to afford writing a blog post when I have an empty power point presentation template staring back at me. I still have work until 8pm tonight and I have a whole day of activities tomorrow and thesis proposal presentation in the afternoon and here I am, blabbering on the internet.

I really, really don't know how my working student classmates do it.



No comments: