We've been experiencing really hot summer that reached 39 degrees. T'was the season for skin breakouts, dehydration, and anticipation of electric bill shock. An air-conditioning unit is no longer a luxury to be installed inside the house. It is a lot of effort to go out especially during lunch hour until 3pm. I've even temporarily ditched closed shoes and switched to sandals when I don't normally do that when travelling to the city. And I have started dressing down and wearing too-casual clothes for work because of the heat.
Season
I do not want to sound ungrateful, but lately I have been dealing with certain trade offs. I have not written much in this blog lately, as I am concentrating and preparing for a paper that I am about to present, not to mention articles lined up for publication at work. I've been meeting up friends who could potentially yank me out of this
Sayings
This weekend was also about reflection on the following sayings:
"Everyone is fighting a battle you know nothing about."
"Do not compare yourself to others."
"You do not have to accept every argument that you are invited into."
"It will pass."
I went straight to my grandmother's house from the city and when my Aunt asked if I lacked sleep (because she probably still think that weekends in the city were spent partying like in my early twenties). I said no. We're getting old, so we just stayed in.
And we really did. We
Staying in was nice, refreshing, and indeed a recharge.
![]() |
| Feet shot at a grocery store in Quezon City (my first time in that area) that had this cute little fountain. Nothing very happenin' during that weekend, and that nothingness was all we needed. |

No comments:
Post a Comment