And speaking of vision boards, during the holidays, I've posted some photos on Instagram to support my first post for 2014.

Instead of the usual highlights of 2013, or what I learned in 2013, I'm going to write about vision boards instead. Don't get me wrong, I am very grateful for 2013. It has been very kind and helped me and my family bounce back.
More about vision boards after the jump!
Four days before Christmas, after our annual get together with my friends based in the city, my friend May and I were talking about positivity. I told her about the Law of Attraction. She said, her designer brother, (none other than fashion designer, The Veejay Floresca), also told her about planning and hard work while her other sister also believed in the Law of Attraction. Now what those two have in common? They both started with a vision. So I told her about my vision board.
Now what exactly are vision boards? I remember my cousin, Kuya Stew asked about my board when he stayed in my room. He even noticed that I kept adding photos of random stuff. I told him it is my vision board.
I'm sure you'll get a lot more sophisticated definition from the internet, but for me it's a bunch of photos of what I want to have and attract in life. I started mine two or three years ago and have been practicing ever since. I used to just write about it in my planner, but I decided to take it up on the next level.
I bought a cork board, googled images that would symbolize what I want (no rules here, anything you want as in anything, sometimes even a whim, as long as you sincerely want it!) cut the photos and pasted it on my board. I kept it in a place where I would often see it. (For samples of vision board, you can click here.)
Here are some stuff from my old vision board that came true:
1. I wanted to get my Masteral Degree before I turn 30. (Got it and blogged about it here)
2. I wanted to attend a make up school and workshop.
3. I want to be financially intelligent, reach my financial goal and make steps towards financial freedom. ( I didn't blog about it but I wrote that I want to have a financial adviser and I got one and reached my goal for 2013!)
4. I want to go to Hong Kong ( haven't blogged about it yet, but Aprille and I got tickets to HK to travel this year and we got it at zero fare!)
5. I want to have a new digital camera for blogging. ( I got it earlier and wrote the buying experience here)
And those are just the top five that came true. I have others in my board that also came true. I also have a vision page in my 2013 planner, and out of a whim, I posted that I wanted a mini library for my collection of chick literature. Guess what?
Remember my birthday wishlist? That I also got them before the year ended, well except for numbers 1, 4 and 5. As you can see from the right side of the photo, I got my stiletto tape dispenser and the Archie Married Life comic series.
Now, I need to inform you, that in order for your vision board to work, please make sure to post things that you sincerely want. Because that's how it operates, from love and sincerity.
I remember I met this lady in Graduate School and we got into talking about how we both know the power of the Law of Attraction. Her story was out of depression, she was walking in Recto one night when she saw a book about the law of attraction. She used to live in a apartment staying with several housemates. She was so depressed that she bought the book and prayed for the following things: She wanted to enter show business and have a girl group, she wants her own condo, a car, and want to study in UP. She was able to achieve everything.She said prior to entering UP, she already bought UP jackets and shirts and claimed that she will study in UP, and she did. Even when maintaining her ideal weight, she used her "law of attraction" mindset that no matter how much she eats, she never lose or gain weight. ( I have yet to try that one, LOL).
Now, upon completion of the vision board, put it in a place where you will often see it. (Near the mirror, hang in the closet, near the door, etc.). It will always remind you of the things that you want. You don't have to stare at it 5 minutes a day, I believe that vision boards are physical representation of the images in our minds.
Now what will happen next?
I am writing from my own experience, that upon completion, the Universe will work itself and create circumstances for you to achieve your dream. It will not be all at once, one thing will lead to another. But the 50% of the work will come from you. The Universe will just open the door, it's up to you to step inside.
Just to share, part of my vision board was to fly to Bali, Indonesia for 2013. Aprille and I got free accommodation from my 2012 Birthday trip in Boracay and the free accommodation will be shouldered by Hotel Astoria for 2013. We just need to figure out to get the tickets ( it was seat sale season left and right during that time and we can very much afford the air fares) but we decided not to go for it. The Universe already shouldered my accommodation in Bali, but it was I who decided not to go for it.
What else do you need to know?
1. It doesn't operate on a specific time frame. You will not realize that it already came true.
2. I am stressing out on the importance of sincerity. ( I know I will get rebuttals like I am sincerely wanting to win the lottery) The Universe does not reward hypocrites. When I blew out my birthday candles when I turned 25, our American client told me: "Be careful before you blow out your birthday candles, because you will get what you wish for." And I did. It was also on my vision board.
3. Do not compare the results of your vision board to others. Everyone is fighting their own and sometimes even harder battles, and it will lead you off your vision track.
4. Have an attitude of gratitude and give back. Remember I wrote about helping victims of Typhoon Yolanda? I was rewarded in an almost instant and the friends that I dragged got unexpected and threefold blessings too!
5. By all means, avoid, with all your might, the negative people or what I call emotional vampires. I don't think I need to stress that hard enough.
If more than 1/4 of my vision board already came true, can you imagine if you also did yours? The Universe does not play favorites and it's the perfect time to do yours and be a blessing to others too!
Happy 2014, everyone! The Universe and God is so good.
(P.S. Dear readers, if you have wishes/vision board granted/achieved, instead of sending a private email, please share your story by leaving a comment and blog link if you have one, so others can get inspired by your story too!)


5 comments:
I think I need a vision board na. I wanted one since I heard you talk about it pero ang tamad ko sobra. Hahaha! I'll work on it this year. ;)
Go mamavek! Just take the first step in googling photos and you will see that the whole creating process is actually addicting! Lalo ka na, more more sa pinterest!
Korek! After reading your entry, go agad ako sa Pinterest. Hahaha! Nagi-imagine ako ng mga photos na ilalagay ko. :))
Wow! Parang gusto ko narin gumawa ng vision board :D First step: bumili ng cork board hehe.
Go for it! Let me know how it works for you! :)
Post a Comment