I was supposed to have a different feet shot this month, but
I forgot to take one and because it was too sad. I still do not have the strength
to write about it so let’s move on.
This photo was taken at a huge media related event that I spear
headedly organized in behalf of the university. This is also the day that I
would like to call: The day I stared Murphy’s Law in the eye and said: “Kebs”.
I was running around all day making sure the sound system works, the videos
play, ushers were giving the right directions, registration is ongoing, food
and catering is being properly set up, the utilities team is doing their jobs
and most of all everyone had something to eat. I was in the shadows most of the
time, sneaking, making sure everyone is properly seated, and always on my toes
for in case of emergencies. Yes, I was prepared.
Everything was totally planned for, knowing the OC that I am
when it comes to organizing events. In fairness I like being on top of things,
so that I know what my next move is if ever it didn’t pan out. In fact, I was
already on my way to driving school to school, making calls when a
representative from another sponsor organizer decided to get one important
task, because they have already did it before. In all good faith, I gave the
task to them.
Never mind that I had this gut feeling that makes me
uncomfortable.
To make the story short, I delivered. They didn’t. And It’s supposed to be okay
because there’s nothing we can really do than just push through. I just didn’t
like it that they were the outsiders talking bad stuff like if they organized
it, it would have been full. It was their job and just my guests showed up.
They have the list, they didn’t call. I realized and learned how unprofessional
people like to make excuses. I just don’t like it that some people
who messed up their ONE JOB had the nerve to comment. I am even overlooking the
fact that they were late in so many tasks. I also do not like incompetent people
blaming others. I don’t mind being accounted for, for a mishap as long as it’s
my fault. But that’s not really how it works in “showbiz”. I’m glad people still showed up and I’m glad despite
what’s going on behind the scenes, someone was praying for me.
Normally, behind the scenes panic would have gotten me. But
this month was different because I also lost a colleague and friend (who likes to read my blog, by the way) in the most
unexpected and horrible way I could ever imagine. So this little mishap will
not get to me. This is not the end of the world. Life is short and precious.
The faster we move on and let go, the better for everyone. And it's good to be surrounded and supported by tough, positive and professional people.
Good thing, even though it was not expected and it was not
how I planned it to be, my supervisor and our guests were pleased. What a
relief. Thank God.
And despite all the mishap with working with some
unprofessional people, I learned a lot. I took home a lot of lessons. I charged and banked it all to experience. I was just so dog tired when I came home that
I fell asleep instantly on the couch while waiting for my next 7pm appointment
for another event.
Since late last year, I’ve organized weddings, even a
controversial funeral and now this. So yeah, I guess I really am an event
organizer.
No comments:
Post a Comment