Thursday, October 11, 2012

UPLB's 94th Loyalty Day Parade and CEAT's 100th year

It’s my second time to attend UPLB’s 94th Loyalty Day, this time as the official photographer for our college. Last year, I was one of theparticipants in the street chant(?) dance (?) cheer(?).

Also last year, I saw Frankie before the parade, and had a quick catch up before going back to our respective groups. This year, I was not able to see Frankie, but was able to see Aya and we had quick two-minute-secret-pointing-of-who’s-who before we head off to our teams. So quick, that I was not able to take a photo of us together.

Anyway, as I’ve mentioned, I’m covering the event for our college so I took photos of our college, before, during and after the parade.

So ladies, gents and becks, here’s The College of Engineering and Agro-Industrial Technology celebrating it’s 100th year!

Pre-parade: Quick Practice of the Cheer with students 


The groovy moves of our bosses and faculty members

 That's our dean getting instructions
 Dean: "Look Ma, No Hands!"

 We wait in lines before we can perform:
 Each college performs a short cheer in front of UPLB's Chancellor and officials
 The lady in the middle is my good friend Ellis' lawyer cousin and my professor in my Policy class:
 Our turn:
 When I was a kid, during Loyalty day, each college have floats designed and representing their offices/colleges. They even have sky divers as highlight of the event. Now we only have cheerdance and colorful Tshirt as costumes. Each college try to be creative as much as possible.

So our college came with our brand new truck (?), driven by our college dean:

 Students formed and prepared to cheer:
 Faculty approaching with their practiced dance steps:
 Give me a C!
 Give me an E!
 Give me an A!
 Give me a T!
CEAT!!! 

Then we head off to our college building for our Centennial celebration, but before that...
 Photo Op muna!

Happy 100th years College and Engineering and Agro-Industrial Technology!


I'm amazed that I've been working in this college for a year now and it seems like I've only started a few months ago.

Cheers to the next hundred years!




No comments: