Monday, June 25, 2012

The Grad School Diaries: Episode 5 - It has been 2 years!


This month marks my 5th semester in UPLB, this time as a “Graduate School resident”.

To honor the great first semester that I had back in 2010, let me share you these videos that took place when I had my first taste of advocacy.

Maki-Book[lat] is a Social Marketing Campaign of the DevCom 208 class during the first semester of academic year 2010-2011. I remember staying up late and getting up at 4 in the morning on the day of the actual launch. I was so excited and it feels like as if it’s “my” launch. This project has helped me adjust well to my transition from Manila and at the same time I loved every minute of our meetings and get-togethers.

Maki-Book[lat] promotes reading habits for school age children. We have collected books and donations and even asked guest readers to launch the campaign in Gawad Kalinga Los Baños chapter. I worked behind the scenes and ended up being really good friends with my group mates. 




The event was hosted by my friends Paulie and Yeye:

 
Paulie and Yeye's hosting gig for Maki-[Book]Lat from The Kea Channel on Vimeo.

Kuya King Becodo reads/performs Pamilya Ismid at GK from The Kea Channel on Vimeo.

Some photos (because there are just too many):


 


My friend and kumare, Cecile, the master fondant maker of Bonggak Pastries gave us these fondant cupcakes for the kiddies!

(Mare, two years since you did this you've been very blessed! You now have [turning] four  Bonggak Pastries SM branches! I'm so proud of you! )


I keep saying that I will be forever grateful to UPLB Grad School and to the College of Development Communication. Not only I have learned to see things in different lenses, I was able to really learn a lot about my self and have been more understanding of others.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, how time flies...

bonggak said...

2 years na agad?? bonggak magym pa nun, pinaghirapan mo yang cupcakes na yan! :)

keamistry said...

Ay oo nga pala! But I could have not done it without you! I should write about Bonggak article soon! :) I miss you mars!