Thursday, June 7, 2012

Braving the crater of Mt. Pinatubo

I was looking through the folders of my sister's computer when I found pictures of my adventures with my cousins two years ago:

April 2010, we went trekking to Mt. Pinatubo with my sister and cousins. My sister booked Pinaykeypoint Organizers to assist us in this trip:

The meet up:

We took the short cut and did not trek all the way up:

We these friendly locals. I looked like a senator in this photo:


I made it to the crater of Mt. Pinatubo!!!

These are random photos of me in all my trying-hard-to-be-adventurous glory!


What it feels like to be in the crater lake:
  • The air/atmosphere is so HOT!
  • The water is so COLD!
  • There are toilets in the main area but not on the actual side of the crater.


We rode this awesome 4x4 jeep to and from the base camp:

Video of our screamfest haha!




Tips:

  • We got the package where we paid Php 2500/pax (I think. That's what I remember). Minimum of 4 persons per group.
  • You get to choose your trail. We got the shortest one. 
  • They provide everything. When I say everything I mean meals, ride (4x4), tent, floaties, home cooked and warm food, umbrella. 
  • They even carry your hiking bag for you. In my case, I was in my most unhealthy state and lifestyle when I made this trip, so I almost made the Kuya lift me up and take me to the crater because I am so afraid to pass out while trekking.
  • When we finally reached the base camp from Mt. Pinatubo, we got accommodations from the the Korean spa to take a bath and a meal was prepared for us before we went home. 


No comments: