Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Elbi's hub for Artists & Photographers: Gallery F Studio Cafe

Just when I thought I have seen pretty much of elbi since I came home last 2010, a new establishment comes up!

I've seen this shop at the back of the ground floor of Atrium Center (in front of the new Los Baños mall currently being constructed ) being constructed last month. My friend, who is so into discovering new places and private spaces to hang out in elbi after migrating from Baguio (famous for being The Artist Haven), wanted to check the place out but during that time it's still under construction.

So when my cousin by one weekend, we decided to check out this new place and see what's in store:
I'm a big fan of little nooks and private spaces so when I saw this couch on the corner, my first thought was " Dibs!"
It ain't called a GALLERY for nothing. I love how their walls are decorated with frame photos from their photo shoots. 
PLUS They have a STUDIO! 
What the "F"? and Why "F"?


Derived from a photography term and camera setting, Wikipedia provides the definition: 
In optics, the f-number (sometimes called focal ratiof-ratiof-stop, or relative aperture[1]) of an optical system expresses the diameter of the entrance pupil in terms of the focal length of the lens; in simpler terms, the f-number is the focal length divided by the "effective" aperture diameter. It is a dimensionless number that is a quantitative measure of lens speed, an important concept inphotography. 

And since the studio's owners are majority (if not everyone) are photographers, Gallery F was first conceptualized as a Studio since there hardly any fun-concept studios (like those in Bonifacio High Street in Taguig) around Los Baños and the cafe came next so that the clients can have a place to hang out and wait while they get their photos done. It turned out that the cafe was a hit so it turned out to be 2 major services: Photography and Cafe. Gallery F wanted to see their clients bond and they want to be the place where artists, students, photographers and others can meet and collaborate. 

They also have old school camera accessories on display.
I like how their menu is presented in photo graphs with cool write ups. The menu houses not only the food but other services as well (usually photography stuff)
The concept of "F" it Forward
Instead of the traditional gift certificates, you can buy your friend a drink, ask them to claim it by looking for the card that's hanging on this clip on tree (see bottom left part photo) and give it to the cashier. It comes with codes so it's being tracked down.
The counter and their lovely rest room
Gallery F's Menu: (By the way, they serve organic Coffee! )
We tried the Flicker Snicker (Php55/pc) and the Fervently velvet cake (Php90/pc). I'd say not bad! I might be biased for the chocolate part because I am a huge fan of chocolates but the velvet cake's not bad either. 


Lil bit of trivia: All their cakes are cleverly titled with words starting with F! 
Image Source
Image Source
Ms. Angie Metin, one of the owners of the cafe, informed us that they will be offering pasta dishes, nachos and sandwiches after holy week (April 2-8, 2012).

Click HERE to watch the video

Meet Gallery F's Fun Owners:
Photo courtesy of Ms. Angie Metin
Other updates an d info:

1. You can rent the whole place exclusively (for private parties, like showers, intimate celebrations etc., private theme parties, etc.)

2. There will be an up coming kiddie workshop:


3. Purpose Driven Photographers Photography workshop will also be held at Gallery F (Check their contact information below for inquiries).

4. They'll be offering WIFI too!

Gallery F Studio Cafe Contact Information:
Mobile:
+639175343213
+639228869508
+639178521897 

Operating Hours:
Tue - Sun
12:00 pm-12:00 am

My apologies for some crappy shots but you can view more photos here.

Official Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/galleryfstudiocafe/info





1 comment:

Baby Crib Reviews said...

Very pleased to find this site. Thanks for taking the time to share this.