I don't have a date last week, nor had any romantic plans. But this year is probably the most relaxed Feb 14 that I've had in years! Instead of having a so-called Valentine's Day, I had a Valentine's Week!
Feb 17, 2012 - Since it's UP's Feb Fair, on what I thought was the last day of the Fair, I went with my cousin even though it's raining to check out the University's Fair
![]() |
| I made him experience what "Pinoy Photobooth fad" is |
![]() |
| We grabbed Plato Wraps for dinner, rode the caterpillar amusement ride, played bust the balloons and for 5 balloons popped, he won a cellphone accessory/key chain! |
Feb 18, 2012 - I went to the fair again, this time with my HS friends:
![]() |
| UPLB Feb Fair 2012 |
The guys couldn't figure it out and had to ask help from random kids playing the same toy:
![]() |
| Guys' Team Effort |
![]() |
| We sat by the sidewalk and people-watched |
After grabbing something to eat, we decided to hit the Fair's photo booth. And in a classic BMS+Blacksheep Fashion, it was again a death-defying experience just trying to look decent in the frame:
![]() |
| My friends become competitive whenever we're in photo booth. |
![]() |
| Joy's ink (The one with more colors) : Php 300.00, Mine is Php100. I had to hide this thing because I have a conference Friday next week in the city. |
We all hopped in Joy's car and drove to Tagaytay but ended up in Starbucks Paseo Sta. Rosa because we figured out that the Starbucks in Tagaytay would probably be closed by the time we arrive.
![]() |
| Went home past 3am. I was tired from laughing all throughout the night but I had a really great time! I really love spontaneous weekends with these guys. |
I had work the entire day and went straight to my grad school class where we had a round table discussion with the founder/Mother of Development Communication in the country, Dr. Nora C. Quebral, Professor Emeritus.
We had a meet and greet with the Mother of Development Communication and she signed our purchased books!
Then I literally rushed home because I'm afraid to meet the "jejewave" on their way to the UP Fair. Plus, I really have to get up early the next day for my class trip (that I blogged here ).
In lieu of Valentine's dinner date, I played Temple Run and Fruit Ninja instead while waiting for my 2 Broke Girls and How I met your mother Valentine's episodes to finish downloading and watched it before calling it a day. :)
The key to having a relaxed Valentine's day when you're either single or in a relationship is to not to have expectations at all. But to those who inevitably stresses out about the Vday (I've been there), Relax, it's just a day. And I'd like to quote my friend Franco last Valentine's day when we were walking from the campus, after our class:
"They call it Valentine's, I call it Tuesday!"









2 comments:
Another interesting read from Ms. Kea. I enjoyed. :)
-Marian Fan
Best quote for Vday: "They call it Valentine's Day, I call it TUESDAY"
Good job Lisa Marie! :P
Post a Comment