Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Dear iPod, Please don't die on me... yet.

Dear iPod,

I've had you for three years already. I never realized you've been with me for three years and yet you still have 49G ready for occupancy. I was talking to my friend Karen today, and I can still remember the day that I bought you. It was lunch hour and I've just taken off work. I saw you, the last piece, and you're the only one in your generation that 160G. The rest were 120G and I saw you there...waiting for me.
Source

And I went to the nearest cellular phone shop and this guy gave me a really good deal. For Php500, He would fill up the 20G of my ipod just so I would’nt go home lonely. I don’t have my laptop and at that time and I still don’t know how to transfer to iTunes. I just trusted the guy to take care of the contents for me. He filled it up with songs, songs that I listen to and songs that I think I will listen to in the future. He also added some movies that I will like and he asked me if I want to have one tagalog movie. He gave me “One More Chance” movie of John Lloyd and Bea that backfired on my friend Mina when she was browsing my playlist when she was left alone in my apartment.

Because of the really good deal, I can find songs in my iPod that I didn't think that I have, like those of Oasis and other bands.  I could not really call my self a Music Lover, though I appreciate listening to various kinds. I used to have a boyfriend do all the downloading for me, google the song for me, and patiently wait for the movies to finish downloading just so I can watch the movies in my iPod.


And when we broke up, I had to learn  to create a decent playlist in my iPod. It was the Best Break Up songs playlist – all with the theme of not wanting to get back together – and Boy, did it kept me company when I was riding the train.

When I took up graduate school studies and found my self waiting for enormously long hours for professors during my first semester, my iPod was there with me, entertaining me with movies that I’ve eventually learned to download myself. When I will be in an unknown area, my iPod is sure to provide me entertainment so that I will never be bored.

My iPod have saved me and kept me from pestering strangers striking up a conversation when I really want to be alone, when I don’t want to hear my own thoughts, and even though that 160G iPod classic is bulky, I take it with me when I jog around the campus. I have a “Werq it” playlist that go with it.

I’ve lost it’s original earphones and have found some cute earphones, until my sister got my my Hed Kandi Headphones that went well with my iPod. I had to get a separate pouch for my Hed Kandi and iPod just so they would be kept safe in my bag.

I have a relationship with this ipod.

 Just when I finally learned to convert movies and series to mp4 with a really cool software that’s when it starts to act up. I realized I’ve lost the photos stored in it (no big deal). But now, iTunes won’t open up when it’s plugged in, iTunes won’t open manually when my iPod is plugged in. When I drag my new mp4 files to my opened/recognized iTunes in my laptop, it just says LINK, and “won’t drop/copy” when I was able to successfully do it with the other previous files that I’ve transferred minutes ago . I know the files converted is working because I just transferred it to my Achi’s iTouch so I know those files work.

Few weeks ago, my friend Joy showed me her old iPod that she broke. She literally opened the hardware and showed me what it looks like on the inside. She tells me to take a look so that I will know what an iPod internally looks like. My iPod still plays music, it is still charging but I am just having such a hassle with the iTunes part.


Shucks, I am not ready to part with this iPod.  Yes, I did the reset and the other things that I googled. So if anyone in the universe who know a lot about iPods might come across with this post... Please help me. 





No comments: