Monday, March 9, 2015

Kimberly Hotel, Tagaytay

I spent three days in Kimberly Hotel in Tagaytay for a business trip last month and although it was mostly work and very minimal play, I am thankful for a change of scenery.

We arrived in the afternoon but only started taking photos at night. This is what it looks like:


Pardon the lazy blogger in me, but let me have the pictures do the talking instead.  
I enjoyed the first day of the breakfast buffet. The following morning, its just blah.































This way to the organic farm:



























Now for the room rates:
Superior (Single/Twin) – Php 5,500.00
Deluxe (Single/Twin) – Php 6,500.00
Premiere Suite (Single to Quadruple) – 7,700.00
Kimberly Suite Php 12,000.00
Extra person/bed – Php 1,200.00

Other add ons and my reviews:

Complimentary Wifi Internet access throughout the hotel
Very poor wifi, strong access only when you are in your individual rooms. When the hotel is fully packed, very poor signal in the conference area where you need to get out just to check something.
Rates are inclusive of breakfast
I experienced two breakfast buffets, and the first one is good, because...how can you go wrong with breakfast food. The rest of the food, (next day breakfast, lunch and dinner) were nothing special.
Daily housekeeping
They immediately clean your room which is good but there's something wrong with the "lock of the doors"that you need to slam it in order for it to lock. Housekeeping left our room open at one point because it did not really connect with keycard's lock.

Daily local newspaper
The newspaper you need to request and they offer one broadsheet only, and I think it's Manila Bulletin. (Not sure)

Massage services
They have services advertised in each room but I did not try one.

DVD Library
You can borrow DVD from the reception, you just need to leave a valid ID. Each room is equipped with a DVD player.

Safety deposit box
I only saw one in the Quadruple room where I stayed on my first night.


Business center services, gift shop, and hotel clinic
They sell plants from the organic farm that they have. You may request for details at the reception.

Check in time in 2:00, Check out time is at 12:00nn
If you still have a conference ending at 5pm and you need to check out, they offer a luggage area to store your luggage. But in our case we kept it with us in the conference room, better safe than sorry.

Other stuff: 
Tour assistance
Laundry services
Kids 12 years old below stay for free with parents when using extra bedding


More details at: www.hotelkimberly.com

No comments: