(Actually, it was my sister Aprille who booked first. She got her tickets for just around 8k with in flight meals, insurance and round trip baggage allowance. I got inspired while she was talking about her plans to Kuya Benz who was in the Philippines during that time, so I told myself I would grab the next one if it's on sale. I found a seat sale a week later, with a little more charge and less privileges than Aprille's ticket, but still under 10k! It must be really meant for me!)
Upon advise, we went with Reli Tours SM Mall of Asia Branch. If you want to go to the MOA branch, look for Ms. Korina.
Here are the requirements:
1. Valid Philippine Passport.
2. 2x2 Photo with white background.
3. NSO certified birth certificate (if your birth certificate looks different you might need to submit a baptismal certificate and a form 137 from your high school)
4. Japan Visa Application form. Download here. (Guide here)
5. Daily Itinerary during your stay in Japan (Download template here)
6. Bank Certificate
Most popular question is how much money do you need to show? Actually, coming straight from the travel agency itself, there's really no specific amount required but it should be realistic enough to prove that you can cover your expenses since Japan is known to have high standard of living a.k.a. expensive everything.
I read from blogs and forums that the amount you will show should be realistic enough for the length of your stay. I read once that one only had Php50,000.00 in his bank account and his Visa was approved.
7. ITR (BIR Form 2316, available from your Human Resources Department)
When I started fixing my papers, I requested for the latest copy and had it expedited since the latest ITR isn't available til mid of March. You can request this from HR/Accounting Office.
8. Proof of friendship (Photos) - This is actually pretty easy for us because we have photos since we were kids.
But when we submitted it to Reli Tours, they needed additional documents because the Tourist option is for those staying in a hotel or packaged with a tour from an agency. We stayed at Kuya Benz's place and we were asked to provide additional support documents such as:
1. Letter of invitation - Kuya Benz provided us a hard copy with his original signature and Japanese stamp
2. Copy of his instructor visa.
3. Copy of his passport.
Please be informed that all documents you will submit will no longer be returned to you. The Visa is free but the processing fee in Reli Tours is Php Php 1,200.00 for Tourist Visa, Php 2,000.00. I think Reli Tours offers the lowest processing fee rate, because other agencies charge Php1500.00.
How long will it take for you to find out? Reli Tours said it's 5-7 working days but our Visas were approved in just 1 day! I was even at MOA for our University event when I got a text from Reli Tours saying my passport is ready for pick up. So I saved my self a trip to Manila.
Thank you Kuya Benz, Reli Tours and Embassy of Japan! I can't believe we finally did it! I just crossed out seeing Cherry Blossoms in Japan off my vision board!
| Taken at the Osaka Castle, Japan (photo by my sister, Apy) |
I will do another entry about my #JapanDiaries that I posted mostly on Instagram. I still need to unpack, catch up with work and try to get decent amount of sleep from all the walking and sight seeing we did.

2 comments:
Hello, Kristine! I'm going to Japan on
June with my 2 BFFs. The husband of one of them works in Tokyo so we have a free place to stay. Looks like u and Aprille enjoyed it there. Hope we will too. Expensive ba?
Hi Marie! To give you an idea, I have another post about our trip's highlights: http://keamistry.blogspot.com/2014/04/japandiaries-instagrammed-adventures.html
And will also post another one regarding Japan Thrifty Tips and Tricks! Enjoy! :)
Post a Comment