Saturday, February 1, 2014

There's always Chinese New Year


Kung Hei Fat Choi!

Happy Chinese New Year! For breakfast today, we had tikoy. I'm not "Chinese" but we might be 1/32 Chinese (layo!) in our blood. I'm just assuming that because every January my parents insists on going to the house of our relatives on my father's side in San Pablo for the fiesta celebration sa bahay ng mga intsik (house of the Chinese and they are Chinese, I think. Tama ba Ninang? Haha!).

Anyway, I started 2014 with a whole lot of positivity, prepared and created my vision board. I am willing to allow my desires to happen. While as early as January, I can see and feel that I am being routed to the stuff on my vision board, I am embarrassed to say that I broke my top feeling-ko-doable New Year's resolutions:

Sleep early. Latest at 11pm.
I don't know how I can keep up with this alibi for the rest of the year, but what keeps me awake is watching Friends reruns on TV. I am, every night, sleeping on the couch (which irritates my mom because what are beds/bedrooms for?). But honestly, it is the best part of my day. I think I really have to get my own TV and put it in my bedroom. Wait! I think that's a bad idea.

No sodas for 2014.
I was actually doing really well with this one until, on my friend's wedding day, I got so thirsty and no water in sight but an ice cold Coca-Cola. I think you would understand.

Exercise at least 3 times a week.
I've been doing #WashboardAbsWednesdays by playing badminton with Franco and Aya, but we've only been playing every Wednesdays and only twice this month due to our busy schedule. (Plus, okay, after playing badminton we head straight to eat and catch up an all burned calories are back on again.) We have to do better this month!

Finish at least one book per week.
I'm only down to the last 2 chapters of The Power by Rhonda Byrne and it took me 2 weeks to finish it. And I thought I would have all the time in the world after graduating from my Masters.

BUT! I have been doing good on some areas such as:

Gratitude Diary
I started mine on Christmas Eve because I got so excited my boss gifted me with a journal. I've been religiously writing ever since.

Spend only on necessary things
So far I am doing good, but after tweeting that I had such financial discipline the past credit card cut off, I had another major purchase that my bank's happy again and as for me, I cannot have unnecessary spending until summer.

Stared a savings plan
I know you must have heard about the 52 weeks savings challenge right? We'll, on top of that, my friend Kat and I bought a glass jar on sale at SM Department store and we swore to only put 5 and 10 peso coins only. So far I've been religiously putting coins in my grown up "piggy bank".

Anyway, there's always Chinese New year to get it right.

Kung Hei Fat Choi, Friends! It's the first day of February which means tis the season of Love, Valentine's day -panic and the yearly anticipated UPLB February Fair!


No comments: