... I have to say I am happy that the story kept up with the times. Although the story line still played safe by showing what Archie's life was when he married Betty...
....and Veronica!
If you're an Archie fan and you're planning to get the series, stop reading this post to avoid SOME spoilers.
But if you're interested in reading more interesting twists in the new story line, there's more after the jump!
Actually, the story has a science fiction feel (but read the comic book to find out why) and I am quite pleased that it no longer dealt with high school, but real-life.
Most of them struggled with making ends meet, trying to live the adult responsible life and the keeping up with life's frustrations and missing youth and high school. If you grew up reading Archie comics like me, you would definitely appreciate this series. It's like Archie and friends grew up with you and now deals with the same issues that you're facing now.
Anyway, here's what the rest of the guys at Riverdale High were up to. Midge and Moose broke up.
Moose enrolled himself in a yoga/ anger management class and met a blind instructor named, Ilana, who became his romantic partner. Not only that, Ilana's optimism and faith in Moose got him to run for...MAYOR! ( Also, it was revealed that Moose's real name is Marmaduke)
Story shows that it's not just in the Philippines that one need not to be a graduate of governance or public administration to actually win the elections. Yes, Moose won the bid for Mayor of Riverdale!

Midge, moved on and fell in love with Jughead.
Jughead who's never interested in girls is finally a big shot businessman with Midge as his business partner and fiance.
In those two stories toggling between Archie's married life with Veronica and another one with Betty, the girls always end up with Reggie Mantle, making him the official rebound guy of both of Betty and Veronica (when the other ends up with Archie).
But what I really found fascinating is how the Archie story kept up with the times.Top photo shows Reggie convincing Betty that they should do a reality show together. The Goshdarshians are the Kardashians and Oozie Oozeborne are, well, The Osbournes. You know you really made it when you immortalize yourself by making it to the Archie comics.
The bottom photo Jughead refer to updates on Friendbook, which is today's Facebook.

Since it's Valentine's week, I'd be highlighting special loves in this post.
Riverdale Highschool's Principal, Mr. Waldo Weatherbee fell in love and proposed to Ms. Geraldine Grundy.
Their two other teachers also fell in love and filed for early retirement so that they can enjoy more time together.
But unfortunately, in the story, beloved Ms. Grundy is dying and passed away...
I am surprised to find new characters in the story. Like soldier Lieutenant Kevin Keller who fought in the war:
When Lt. Keller was injured, he was assigned to Dr. Clay Walker as his physical therapist. They fell in love and got married.
Yes they did! And it was no big deal.
I googled and found out that Riverdale, their lovely town is in California and California is OK with same sex marriage.
And the rest of the guys seemed pretty cool about it. Here's one of the scenes where they were telling the guys how they fell in love:
Anyway, I just finished Book three then I found out that Book four was released in November 2013. To be honest, I'm really curious with the other upcoming twists. I'm just not a fan of the science fiction twists and the multiverse stuff and other scientific jargons, but they had to stick to the point of showing the readers what it would be like if Archie married Betty or Veronica. But I am starting to get the feeling that Archie never really chose one, the writers had to play it safe.
I am still thinking if I'm going to get book four. I will see first how many books The Archie Married Life Series is planning to have, because these comic books, especially this series, don't come cheap.
Happy Valentine's week everyone!




No comments:
Post a Comment