Welcome to the Graduate School Student's
TIME
Grad Students always complains about not having much time.
Actually we do have time, we just “accidentally” spent it on something else.
Grad students usually wish if we can extend the 24 hours of one day, for that
extra hour before hitting the snooze button, for that extra hour before an
exam, extra 30 minutes for a coffee break or extra 30 minutes to one hour before
becoming officially late for class.
FUNDS
For working students like me, and those who are not on scholarship, we need to keep our jobs in
order to pay for our education and other basic needs. We need funds for other
expenses from buying to photocopying books, for printing manuscript and having
it hard bound, for paying for class trips, cups of coffee during off-campus
discussions and for buying little pieces of heaven (read: chocolate) to reward
ourselves when we feel we deserve it. (C’mon!)
THE ENERGY & ABILITY TO MULTITASK WELL
I cannot stress this enough. I am amazed at how some of my
classmates can work/study/run business/be a parent/partner/raise a kid/engage
in hobbies while maintaining good grades in graduate school. I admire how they
manage their time when by 5pm onwards, after work, all I’ve been thinking about
lately is putting on my pajamas and watch Friends on DVD.
HAVING A [REALISTIC] INSPIRATION
When everything seems to be stressing us out, we must have
at least an inspiration. It is hard not to have someone to look up, unless you
really are self-motivated. In my case, I have friends that I look up to as “pegs’
to help me stay on my track and focus because sometimes I tend to have the
attention span of an 8 year old kid. If you're on your thesis season like me, you will be needing something that inspires you to write. I've always been a writer and writing has always been my passion but I am having such a hard time finding my mood to write.
TO GRADUATE
Of course, the Ultimate Grad School Student Dream: To
Graduate and earn the Degree.
Because if not, what are we still doing here?
(All photos were googled)





No comments:
Post a Comment