Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Mousse for Digi-permed Hair: VO5's Curl Up VS. Plump it up


I’ve consumed 3 bottles of styling mousse already and my digi-permed hair is only a little more than 3 months old, and lately I’ve been really obsessed about find the perfect curl defining hair product. Mousse or serum, I’m willing to try it.

I thought I wouldn’t give VO5 another chance after my last review, but when I saw this product, I just couldn’t resist trying it out: 

VO5's Curl Up
Price: Php 219.00
Available at: SM Department Stores, Supermarket and Watsons
Finally! A curl defining mousse from VO5!

Yes I also judge how conveniently the bottle can dispose the mousse. Plump it up wins in this category. You have to have a nice "bwelo" when disposing the Curl up Mousse.





PROS: I like the nozzle, it’s not the usual whipped cream type that VO5 Plump it up Mousse has, and it really does hold my curls together. Maybe because it really does specialize in defining curls.

CONS:  I really couldn’t think of any other CONS, except maybe they could change the packaging in a more upbeat color than the red one. You couldn’t tell which one is the weighless and the curl up version unless you read it.  Color-association issues.


VO5's Plump it up
Price: Php 219.00
Available at SM Supermarkets and SM Department Store and Beauty Section

PROS: I was really intrigued by the cute pink packaging. I like how it easily disposes the mousse on my hand and it smells really great too!

CONS: It doesn't hold my curls as good as the VO5 Curl up mousse. Maybe this product is really intended for generic hair-styling. It sort of made my hair limp that plump.

VO5's Curl Defining Mousse (Red) wins this review! 

I was looking at their website when I found this:


I have not found this in the local beauty markets but I am willing to try this one out because it is CURL DEFINING.

Tip for those who wants to define their waves (natural or digi-permed):

It’s best to get the “curl defining” products because it specializes in holding your curls and keeping it together rather than getting a generic extra hold mousse.




2 comments:

Nina said...

I was looking for mousse, thanks to your reviews, I think I'm going to buy the red V05 :D

www.charnina.com

Kea said...

You're welcome Nina!