Thursday, September 15, 2011

UPLB's Pelikulab presents Cinemalaya's Babae sa Septic Tank

After the Shokotan with Remington experience, I'm glad that Babae sa Septic Tank will also be shown in UP for a whoooping student fee of Php80.00 to be shown at D.L. Umali  hall!


I know it's been late, but I'm glad that I get to see The Zomabadings first before this. My sister did not dig this film but I'm willing to watch it because I love Eugene Domingo!


So during the first week, I dragged my friends, Paulie and Franco to watch this.




Source



Source


My sister told me that the initial part is quite dragging. I would have to agree. I saw this film without reading any reviews and not even watched the trailer. I just really want to see Eugene Domingo because she's such a good actress. 

My personal notes:
  • Some terms and jokes are not meant for mainstream audience. Jokes here are contextual especially the lines in the coffee shop.
  • Eugene, undoubtedly, is a great actress. Hands down.
  • The septic tank scene is so predictable. We already knew she's going to fall down.
  • I'm not much of an indie film fan, or perhaps I didn't exerted any effort to think deep enough, but some scenes are just not relevant.
  • I find it okay. Rating would be 7 out of 10.
My notes on UPLB Pelikulab Group - the ones who hosted the event and brought the indie films to UPLB.



  • Kudos that they brought it to UP and costs only Php80.00 (yey, we still get to enjoy student rates even though we're in Grad School.) 
  • Even though we arrived a little late and the rest are SRO (Standing Room Only), they still gave us our great seats because we had reservations. We got the tickets the first week they released it. Good Job Pelikulab Staff.


We didn't know there was a Q&A, 50% off the total audience already left. They've been standing there for more than five minutes not saying anything so most of the students already left. Then they started calling people back. Expectations were not properly set. They waited til the film credits are done until they realized that they're going to lose audience for the Q&A.
Jampacked! A lot students are waiting for the next show. They have two shows (5PM and 7PM, but different films. Films were shown just once)


But the BIGGEST TURN OFF of ALL TIME goes to the girl who's one of the Staff/organizers.

Students are not allowed to bring food and drinks inside the UPLB auditorium. My friend Paulie was holding her water tumbler when one of the organizers YANKED and SNATCHED the bottle out of her and told her to just get it after the film showing. My friend was caught off guard and was in a total surprise, to think we have not even reached a couple of steps to the actual auditorium door.

TALK ABOUT RUDENESS!!!

SHE, I'm assuming she's an undergraduate student.  (wearing blue tshirt and jeans) could've just asked her to deposit her water tumbler to where it's supposed to be placed before the show. There's no need to be rude.


Boo!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ang RUDE naman! Sana may makabasa sa kanila nito!

septic tank cumming said...

i know i’m a little off topic, but i just wanted to say i love the layout of your blog. i’m new to the blog egine platform, so any suggestions on getting my blog looking nice would be appreciated.

Kea said...

Thanks! I just used the Simple template, one of the blogger design options/template and tweaked the background by getting my designer sister create a new pattern for me.