Friday, May 29, 2015

Wild Wonders: Why do some people can?

I think I would like to start a portion on this blog called Wild Wonders. These are my wandering and wondering thought that's just too long for Twitter.

Today let me start with this:

Why do some people can? Because they do.
And why do they do? Because they can!


I always find myself going over this conversation with myself. Let me give you a few bunch of examples that makes me recall that self-talk:

A. When _______ was able to afford such luxuries (travel, hobbies, gadgets, etc) and owes someone/some people a huge amount of money. (And even posts it on social media for everybody to see)

B. When _______ was able to migrate hundreds of miles away, leaving a Senior parent behind, LITERALLY all by him/herself. (Note: Senior Citizens in the Philippines do not automatically have nursing homes for retirement)

C. When _______ was able to take such risks in career/lovelife after bouncing back from a rather traumatizing event, I really wonder.How they have such a flexible heart.

Really, I wonder. Sometimes I try to self-examine if I'm just green with envy of their guts to just do it, because I have been wondering for a while now.

Maybe I need to refill my guts. These are the times that I miss my  ruthless twenties, when I don't think and just go for it. Now it's just all about taking calculated risks in everything, and I mean anything.



No comments: