Saturday, January 31, 2015

[Project FeeTrail January 2015]: January Jump for Joy

Starting the Feetrail project with a jump for joy because we saw THE POPE in the FLESH!

Wrote about it here.

Braved the early morning city trip, long exhausting walk, climbing and jumping off barricades, body-against-body crowd, screaming devotees, potential and mini stampede, rain, long lines, limited food, ALL FOR THE LOVE OF POPE FRANCIS!

Seriously, it's true that when you see him in person, its so surreal.Never have I imagined seeing a Pope in the flesh, and when they started the 20 year old song "Tell the world of his love", I was crying and I didn't realize that I still know the words to the song. I was in fifth grade when the last Pope came to the Philippines. And I just said that I want to add seeing Pope and hearing papal mass to my bucket list on Friday and I checked it off my list in two days! 


Honestly, I have no plans for that Sunday. At 7pm I got a call from my friend Joy looking for raincoats because Ellis, her husband, is going to see the Pope together with his colleagues. Few minutes later, my mom told me that my sister plans to go see the pope and leave very early in the morning and I immediately said I wanted to go even though I lack sleep. We were able to finalize travel plans in an hour, buy raincoats just 5 minutes before closing time, and you know the rest of the story.

To cut things short, I asked, and without much thinking, I received.

Thank you Dear Papa Jesus!

P.S. I was telling my doctor, who was also there but didn't stay long, that the feeling is so surreal, the amount of people is unbelievable, the faith is inexplicable, I have never seen anything like it.

Also, I realized how great it must be to be a member of the Vatican-accredited media. :)







2 comments:

Kea said...

Kea! 2015 na :)

Kea said...

Shucks!!! Thank you Joann for bringing it to my attention. Guilty of copy-paste! Hihi! I know it's Feb but have a good 2015! :)