Friday, June 6, 2014

Satya: A Vegetarian Restaurant in elbi

Frankie just got back from Apayao and requests "Vegetarian resto tayo please. This is my acquired craving after weeks in Apayao."

We found this Vegetarian Cafe and Restaurant called "Satya"and Frankie recommends that Aya and I try their "Vegchon"( Vegetarian Lechon Kawali) for us without veggie cravings. He said it looks and tastes like real lechon.

Aya and I were intrigued. 

We found the road to Satya beside Lopez Elementary School. I've seen their signage before but I did not know that it was a Vegan restaurant. 

This cute little nook houses vegan and organic food. The place looks like a secret hide out for peace and quiet. There's a small library for customers who likes to read but there are mosquitoes in the place. But don't fret, its a good thing they have anti mosquito repellent on display to be used by guests for free. 

They also have fast, free wifi too! I asked our server for how long has this restaurant been around elbi, but she's not sure. I think its been around since last year.

Not really an adventurous eater but we tried stuff like Crispy seaweed (Php60), the good old potato fries (Php60) and what we went for: The Vegchon, or their Vegetarian Lechon Kawali with their all around sarsa (Php170.00). They also have brown and white rice (Php35/serving).


The Vegchon, I heard, was a mixture of different kind of veggies. Interestingly, when you take a bite, you will see a meat-like strand, which you might think that it is meat. Of course it does not taste like meat.It was worth a try but what I didn't like about it was there are some portions that "felt" like fat, but it isn't fat. I felt like really fine sticky rice (kakanin) that quite resembles the stickyness of mochi in Japan).The sauce is homemade and taste exactly like fresh lumpia sauce.

If you're wondering what else to order, below is their menu:



Over-all, it was worth the experience and worth trying. I just don't see myself craving for it again, being non-vegetarian and all.




No comments: