Friday, May 11, 2012

I blame you Jessica Sanchez @JSanchezAI11 for making me cry this morning

I blame you Jessica Sanchez for making me cry this morning. Of all places, it has to be public transportation.

When my friend Jane tweeted that "Dance with my father" song by Jessica Sanchez made her cry, reminiscing her late dad, I have made sure NOT TO HEAR the song, especially her rendition. This morning I heard it on the radio while on my way to work.

I braved my way into listening to the Luther Vandross version because it just sounds/masks just like an old love song, but when Jessica Sanchez sang, tears welled up in my eyes and started to uncontrollably fall down on my cheeks, again, while riding public transportation.

I could have avoided that possibility, if only I used the car this morning.


If I could get another chance
Another walk
Another dance with him
I'd play a song that would never ever end
How I'd love love love
To dance with my father again




If I could steal one final glance
When final step
One final dance with him
I'd play a song that would never ever end
Cause I'd love love love to
Dance with my father again


I'm not really a Daddy's girl but there's just so many things that I still want to ask him if only I had braved my way into asking before. I know right now he is not well and I know I can still talk to him, it's just different when I can easily get a response from him.

Right now I am in the stage of wanting to ask him a lot of questions especially about the car, his baby, whose registration needs to be renewed this month.

He never really got the chance to teach me to change tires.
Or the procedure in renewing the car registration.
Or how to change oils.
How to check for water.
And stenciling. Is that those letter patterns that you put spray paint on? 
Or what the hell is an Emmission testing is for?

I am lucky and I am fully aware that even if I don’t have an older brother guiding me through this guy-stuff process, I have six consistent male figures in my life (in the persona of my guy friends since high school ) that consistently keeps me company, that helps me go through the process, who patiently teaches me how to properly go through road humps and sometimes who gets emotionally involved in car registry processing than I do. 

But still, I think it would've been nice if only I had learned it straight from my father.




No comments: