Never mind the menu folder given by the waiters. First thing to ask when you go to this resto: What do you have left?
Saturday. After a friend's baby shower we decided to hit the salon for mani-pedi session then have dinner. We were planning to have some serious heart-to-heart masinsinan talk with my girlfriend so we decided to have it in a place that it not usually within the vicinity of UPLB campus.
We decided to go to : HERB REPUBLIC
It wasn't really my first time there, because the first time I was there I was just checkin out the place with the Boys (yep, I'm the only girl) and we just ordered tea and coffee and enjoyed their free wifi. This time, I came with the girls and hoped for something good to eat.
I like their motto: From Seed to Table. Very Sonya's Garden-ish.
We arrived at around seven in the evening on a Saturday night and was disappointed that 3 meals and categories were no longer available. Here are the disappointing reasons:
- No available chicken - it still hasn't grown yet. ( For real! That's the reason we got why they didn't have Chicken even though its on the menu. There's no note in the menu that it's temporarily not available!)
- No Desserts - at seven in the evening no available desserts anymore. And you only have two options there and both of them are not available.
- Out of the list of what they call appetizers, only 1 is available good thing it's the Mushroom Tempura.
I'm not really a fan of salads and all, I just went with the girls and here are the stuff that we ordered.
| Our orders a.k.a. What they have left |
| Mushroom Tempura |
| The salad. |
OMG I was not able to get the name of the salad because I still can't get over the shock that majority of what we wanted to order was not available.
| OMG I even forgot the name of the soup. |
Though the availability of the food is disappointing, here are some positive points about this resto:
- They have free wifi!
- The waiters (or at least the one who served us) is very nice
- Cozy, earth-y, zen-ish kind of place
- They provide electric fans for potential places/cottages that might have mosquitoes
- Lemon Grass Tea is good.
- The Salad that we ordered makes you feel full and it's pretty good. My friend joy ate it Dear Darla style ( Yellow Cab Pizza's Dear Darla)
- The Mushroom Tempura is good - I really would have loved it if not only for my brain dictating me that it's mushroom and not meat.
You can check their facebook page: Here
No comments:
Post a Comment